Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just (No) Desserts

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my food blog. I know what you're thinking, "Everyone these days has a food blog!" This is true. However, you've come to the right place if you love food, enjoy going out to eat, are into trying new places and HATE dessert. Yes, that's right. Hate. As in, "Why save room for a little flour and sugar when I can fill up on delicious apps & entrees?"

If you're anything like me, most meals only consist of the most important 2 courses: appetizers & entrees. Dessert happens rarely, if ever, and you just can't possibly understand what all the fuss over dessert is about.

I have a feeling I know where this came from. I am incredibly lactose intolerant, and while I can still eat cheese (Thank God!) and have milk if I take Lactaid® pills, the one thing that still kills my stomach is butter. Since butter is an important ingredient in almost every (good) dessert, I simply have to rule dessert out of my meals. Over time, I think I grew to accept this, and actually stopped enjoying sweets. A lot of my friends find this sad, but I'm perfectly fine with it. Bring on the cheese plate & pasta, hold the Tiramisu!

My current food-related obsessions are: Finding great places to eat, helping friends/family choose restaurants based on their requirements and my never-ending search for the best sushi, steak, pasta & cheeseburger in NYC. Please feel free to contact me if you need a recommendation, and I look forward to sharing my food adventures with you!

Let's Eat!
-The Fabulous Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment