Thursday, January 27, 2011

Alternate Dining Option: Whole Foods

Ever have one of those nights where you don't quite feel like going out to eat (happens VERY rarely for me, but does sometimes occur) and also don't feel like going through the trouble of cooking? When the stress of the work week has me feeling too lazy for either, my choice is almost always to stop at Whole Foods and make a meal out of their incredible Prepared Foods section.More and more Whole Foods stores are popping up around the country, and many of the big cities have several Whole Foods Markets. Here in Manhattan we have 8 locations, and I'm lucky to work 1 block from and live 6 blocks from one of them. I will often stop there on my way home when the mood strikes, and last week, I did it twice.

There are a few different stations at Whole Foods with prepared food:
-Fresh sushi
-Hot food meal station
-A la carte hot food station
-Salad station
-Deli counter with tons of cold but freshly prepared foods

I usually pick a few things from each to create healthy meals that are both delicious and colorful. Here is what I came up with for the 2 dinners:Rotisserie Chicken, Butternut Squash, Steamed Spinach, Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Fresh TomatoesSoy Parsley Salmon, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Steamed Spinach, Indian Bahjia Vegan Pancake, Arincini

Whole Foods is the perfect meal option when you just don't feel like going out or cooking yourself. Do you enjoy prepared foods from Whole Foods? Or another supermarket? Let me know, I'm always looking for new places to try.

Let's Eat!
-The Fabulous Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment