Friday, April 8, 2011

Great Ramen at FoodParc

While I've already visited and written about FoodParc (29th & 6th Ave.), I only just learned that in addition to the great sandwiches, Chinese dishes & burgers, they also have awesome Ramen. A few nights ago when it was chilly out, I was in the mood for some warm comfort food and Ramen was just what I needed.

I ordered the Roasted Pork Ramen with Wontons to go (two actually, one for me and one for Patrick) and we took our dinner up to the roof of our building. When I removed the lid from my soup I was pleasantly surprised by how incredible it both looked and smelled.
I was excited to sink my teeth into the egg, which I did first, and every bite I took afterwards lived up to my expectations. The pork was tender and full of flavor and the broth was incredibly savory. The noodles were just the right consistency, not too soft and not too firm, and when I ate every element in one bite the result was sheer perfection.

I know there are a lot of places in NYC to get great Ramen like Ippudo and Momofuku, but I was truly surprised to find a great version right in my own neighborhood at FoodParc.

Where is the best Ramen you've ever had? The dish sure has come a long way since the three-for-a-dollar variety I used to eat in college!

Let's Eat!
-The Fabulous Foodie

PS: I went back to FoodParc a few days later to have it again and took a better picture of the soup:

No comments:

Post a Comment