Monday, March 7, 2011

Fun, Casual Comfort Food at Mooncake

I remember when I was a teenager, I used to babysit for the young daughter of our family friends in NYC. Before the parents would go out for the night they would hand me a stack of 100 menus and say "Order whatever you want for dinner." Since I grew up in Connecticut, this concept of food delivery was brand new to me. I was told that I could get a cheeseburger and fries brought right to the apartment, and it was like a whole new world was opened up to me.

Of course since then, the New York City delivery industry has been revolutionized by companies like SeamlessWeb, and now we have thousands of options at our fingertips. With almost every restaurant in Manhattan offering delivery, it's difficult to sort through the options to find the truly great places to order from. I order delivery more often than I'd like to admit, but because of this I consider myself somewhat of an expert. No restaurant has impressed me more than Mooncake Foods.

Dubbed as "Fun Casual Asian Comfort Food," Mooncake Foods has 3 locations in Manhattan-- Soho, Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea. Since I both live and work in Chelsea, I order from the West 30th & 8th Avenue location all the time. My absolute favorite thing on the menu is the Steak Kebab plate. Grilled red peppers & onions accompany flavorful chunks of steak over rice, all covered in a delicious peanut curry sauce. Yum! I also enjoy the Miso-Glazed Salmon and the Pulled Pork Sandwich with Curry Lime BBQ Sauce. Everything on their menu is the kind of food that warms your soul, both tasty and comforting.

If you're looking for some delicious delivery in NYC, check out Mooncake Foods, I promise you won't be disappointed.

What are you favorite delivery spots around NYC? Let me know, I'm always looking for new places.

Let's Eat!
-The Fabulous Foodie

3 comments:

  1. Crawfish dumplings are a good bite, but super salty. A little much if you're not sharing. And don't forget the Curry Chicken Stew. So good! Go Fab Foodie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun Cafe is my fav delivery spot in the Lower Manhattan area.
    Huge fresh sushi rolls. cheap and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Sun Cafe the place that gives you 8 rolls instead of 6? I used to order from there all the time when I worked in Soho, a great reco!

    ReplyDelete